All moms are amazing. It's the hardest job ever. Legit. So all us mom's need to give ourselves a big pat on the back for getting in done. But there's a specific group of moms that I feel have it harder than most... single moms. I know this, because I was one. And though I'm not one anymore, I look back on that period of my life and often question how the hell I did it. How I made it work. Because being a mom is hard enough... but doing it on your own? CRAZY hard.
So this Mother's Day, I want to honor single mammas. Because:
1. That shit is hard
2. Single mom's rarely have it in their budget to do ANYTHING extra, and when they do, they always get for their kids... so a luxury item like a photo shoot is rarely something they splurge for
3. Single mom's are such a huge fixture in the lives of their kids, sometimes the only one, and yet there's often not a lot of photos with these mom's with their kids, or a documenting of their lives together... and this feels like such an important thing missed for mom's and their kids.
So I'm doing a giveaway of one Family Shoot to a single mamma and her kiddos. The winner will be announced this Mothers Day (Sunday, May 14, 2017).
How to Enter:
1. Enter a comment below with the mom's name and why you're nominating them.
2. Send an email to email@example.com with the mom's name and their email address. (so I can contact them if they're the winner).
That's it. I'll then pick at random on Mother's Day and announce the winner on the blog.
UPDATE: BECAUSE THE RESPONSE HAS BEEN SO OVERWHELMING AND THERE ARE SO MANY MOMS BEING NOMINATED, I'VE REACHED OUT TO SOME OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS AND AM HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT IN ADDITION TO A FAMILY SHOOT WITH ME, I'LL BE ABLE TO GIVE AWAY ONE HALF HOUR FAMILY MINI SHOOT WITH EACH OF THE FOLLOWING GENEROUS AND AWESOME PHOTOGRAPHERS:
IMAGES BY JEFFREY
ISLAND FRESH PHOTOGRAPHY
INFINITY PHOTOGRAPHY MAUI
BARB TOYAMA PHOTOS
Can you nominate yourself? Hells to the yes! In fact I think you should. Ain't no shame in actually doing something for yourself for once right!
Only real rules are are:
1. Have to be a single mom to be nominated or to nominate yourself
2. Have to be on Maui in Upcountry, North Shore, South Shore or West Side. (sorry Hana mammas... I can't drive to Hana on my own because I'm a fraidy cat...)
3. Have to enter with a comment and an email.
4. Have to make use of the shoot within the next 6 months
So if you know a mom who works her booty off for her kids and who would love to win a free photo shoot with her kids, enter her to win!!